Job Summary: This position provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to North Star Manor’s standards, procedures, and individualized resident care plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assists residents in maintaining proper and clean appearance; assists residents with bathing and maintaining cleanliness of all body areas; helps residents with toileting needs; helps residents with dressing and undressing and maintaining proper clothing. Assists residents in transferring, repositioning and walking. Assists with preparing and serving nutritious, appealing meals and snacks to residents following orders, standards and regulations. Folds, hangs and distributes clean linens and personal clothing; prepares and launders soiled linen and clothing. Cleans resident’s rooms and bathrooms, work areas, and other public areas. Takes part in community involvement in location and works with volunteers.
Basic Responsibilities:This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to his or her position and for fulfilling his or her obligations under North Star Manor’s Corporate Compliance Program.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Education Experience/Licensure Certification: A high school education or higher education is or required to be hired into this job.
- Skills/Abilities: Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Knowledge: Knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered; ability and desire to be creative in adapting to programs and supplies to meet individual resident needs.
- Physical/Mental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate/activate/use/prepare/inspect/place/detect/position objects, tools, or controls. The employee will frequently communicate/express oneself/exchange/observe/assess/detect information relative to this position. The employee is required to maintain a stationary position/move/position self in response to job tasks. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequency of travel may vary based on business needs.
- Weight Lifting Requirement: 25lbs.