Ensures Nursing department is adequately staffed in order to meet residents’ care and service needs and in accordance with North Star Manor standards and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules nursing staff in accordance with the needs of the facility and the employee FTE status, approved PTO and holiday rotation.
- Tracks nursing department absences and communicates to supervisor upon request
- Communicates directly with DON regarding staff PTO requests. Scheduling Coordinator does not approve/deny PTO.
- Track flex employee requirements and communicates to supervisor
- Ensures nursing department schedules are approved by DON prior to posting
- Posts nursing schedule timely per DON direction
- Effectively communicates all staffing shortages and additional staffing needs to DON.
- Effectively operates and maintains electronic scheduling system according to NSM guidelines and best practices.
- Communicates effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with all NSM employees.
- Supply duties including but not limited to: working with vendor to develop par levels, assist in developing procedures related to supply organization and distribution, monitoring supply levels, organizing and maintaining supply closets/storage areas, checking in deliveries and assisting in ordering as needed
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate
- Minimum of 1 year experience in staff scheduling preferred
- CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions including the ability to read, write and understand English
- Must be comfortable working with technology and computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possesses the ability to learn new computer systems related to scheduling and supply
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect to residents and coworkers
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Must be organized, attentive to detail and possess strong problem solving skills
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused, with a positive outgoing attitude
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative within a team as well as the ability to work independently, with minimal direction
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones and other standard office equipment.
- The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, lifting, bending, squatting, standing, walking, stooping, pulling, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds at times and other repetitive motions.
- Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases or blood borne pathogens
North Star Manor offers AMAZING full-time benefits!
Individual employee health insurance premium is covered 100%. Family coverage premium is paid by North Star Manor at approximately 58.25%. Up to $3600 for a Health Savings Account prorated by our 26 bi-weekly pay-periods over the calendar year.
North Star Manor covers 50% of the premiums for you and your family vision and dental insurance coverage.
North Star Manor also provides Paid Time Off (PTO) and six holidays per year.
We belong to the Minnesota sponsored PERA, (Minnesota Public Employee Retirement). You will have 6.5% deducted from your check pre-tax and the facility will match it with 6.5%. After five years of vestment, all monies in the account will be for you. Upon retirement your monies and years of service will be figured into a lifetime annuity check each month.
North Star Manor pays for Life Insurance Coverage of one time your annual salary with an additional one year for Accidental Death. You may purchase extra for you and your family if you wish.