Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform regular visual observation and preventative maintenance of equipment, vehicles and facility real property to ensure it is in good condition, free of damage, and operational as assigned. Documents scheduled tests and inspections and maintains accurate logs and data on completed work and test performed. Completes all maintenance requests, equipment checks, repairs and inspetions according to manufacturer’s instructions as needed in a timely manner. Keeps various work and storage rooms, garage/shed, tool and supplies organized, inventoried, clean and accounted for, complying with safety codes for electrical, fire codes, paint and other hazardous materials storage. Assures all interior surfaces are appropriately clean, painted patched or repaired in a timely manner. Assures all exterior buidling surfaces are painted and maintained in good repair. Assures lawn and exterior plantings are watered and maintained. Assures sidewalks and parking lots are well-marked, free of debris. Assures that furniture, lighting, flags, and signs are maintained, clean and free of damage.
This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to his or her position for fulfilling his or her obligations under North Star Manor’s Corporate Compliance Program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Education Experience: 1-2 years experience. VoTech education in Plumbing, HVAC, Electrician or Carpentry is preferred.
- Licensure Certification: Low Pressure Boilers License
- Skills/Abilities: Ability to measure and comprehend quantities.
- Knowledge: General Maintenance.
- Physical/Mental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate/activate/use/prepare/inspect/place/detect/position objects, tools, or controls. The employee will frequently communicate/express oneself/exchange/observe/assess/detect information relative to this position. The employee is required to maintain a stationary position/move/position self in response to job tasks. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequency of travel may vary based on business need.
- Weight Lifting Requirement: 50 lbs.