Full or Part-time
The Maintenance Assistant will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects equipment and systems to identify problems or issues.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Once a boiler’s license is earned, will provide rotating coverage in an on-call basis for maintenance needs after normal business hours.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience preferred but not required: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and/or Carpentry
- Salary based on experience
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to work indoors and outdoors, including small places with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, inks, and moving machines, equipment. Possible exposure to distraction/uncomfortable noise levels. Risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc. Possible exposure to fumes, odors, etc. that may affect respiration and skin. The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.