North Star Manor offers AMAZING full-time benefits!
Individual employee health insurance premium is covered 100%. Family coverage premium is paid by North Star Manor at approximately 58.25%. Up to $3600 for a Health Savings Account prorated by our 26 bi-weekly pay-periods over the calendar year.
North Star Manor covers 50% of the premiums for you and your family vision and dental insurance coverage.
North Star Manor also provides Paid Time Off (PTO) and six holidays per year.
We belong to the Minnesota sponsored PERA, (Minnesota Public Employee Retirement). You will have 6.5% deducted from your check pre-tax and the facility will match it with 6.5%. After five years of vestment, all monies in the account will be for you. Upon retirement your monies and years of service will be figured into a lifetime annuity check each month.
North Star Manor pays for Life Insurance Coverage of one time your annual salary with an additional one year for Accidental Death. You may purchase extra for you and your family if you wish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team administering care to residents. Assesses resident needs and modify care to best serve each resident.
- Assess and provide resident care within established policies, procedures, and professional standards taking into with consideration and respect for the residents’ choices, privacy, dignity, safety and independence.
- Administers medications and treatments, reporting changes in resident’s condition and takes necessary actions.
- Works in cooperation with Registered Nurse (RN) and Director of Nursing (DON) as needed in making provisions for residents, notifying family members, physicians, and other appropriate individuals when there are changes in resident’s condition or physician orders.
- Completes various resident clinical records and forms including the care plan, daily resident charting, and medication administration record, lab results, etc.
- Assists with orientation of new staff, provides ongoing instruction, and initiates disciplinary procedure as needed.
- Actively supervises Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and Certified Medication Assistants (CMA) ensuring staff are well informed of responsibilities. Monitors care provided to ensure the residents receive accurate and safe care.
- Determines appropriate CNA assignments based on resident assessment, acuity, dx, and other care needs.
Education/Experience: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Prior work experience in like or related position may be helpful.
Licensure/Certification: Licensure in the state of Minnesota is required; current CPR certification or ability to become certified in CPR within 180 days of hire.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to communicate and comprehend effectively.
Knowledge: Knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
Physical/Mental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate/activate/use/prepare/inspect/place/detect/position objects, tools, or controls. The employee will frequently communicate/express oneself/exchange/observe/assess/detect information relative to this position. The employee is required to maintain a stationary position/move/position self in response to job tasks. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequency of travel may vary based on facility need.
Weight Lifting Requirement: 35 lbs.
DAY – 40 hours per week
6 am-2:30 pm
PM – 40 hours per week
2 – 10:30 pm
PM/NIGHTS – 16 hours a week
2-10:30pm and 10 pm-6:30am
NIGHTS – 36 hours per week
6:00 pm to 6:30 am