North Star Manor offers AMAZING full-time benefits!
Individual employee health insurance premium is covered 100%. Family coverage premium is paid by North Star Manor at approximately 58.25%. Up to $3600 for a Health Savings Account prorated by our 26 bi-weekly pay-periods over the calendar year.
North Star Manor covers 50% of the premiums for you and your family vision and dental insurance coverage.
North Star Manor also provides Paid Time Off (PTO) and six holidays per year.
We belong to the Minnesota sponsored PERA, (Minnesota Public Employee Retirement). You will have 6.5% deducted from your check pre-tax and the facility will match it with 6.5%. After five years of vestment, all monies in the account will be for you. Upon retirement your monies and years of service will be figured into a lifetime annuity check each month.
North Star Manor pays for Life Insurance Coverage of one time your annual salary with an additional one year for Accidental Death. You may purchase extra for you and your family if you wish.
The Food and Nutrition Assistant is responsible for assisting the Cook with meal service by serving all meals to residents, and assist with cleaning of the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for passing snacks, meals and serving drinks in either the dining room, or to residents’ room.
- Responsible for preparing all special dietary drinks for residents, according to the resident’s chart.
- Ensures that all intakes are charted correctly.
- Assists the cook with cleaning all areas in the kitchen and dining room outside of the ‘cooking’ areas.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education Experience: at least 16 (to operate the dishwasher)
Licensure Certification: n/a
- Basic understanding of, or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of, or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
- Ability to prioritize residents’ needs.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to connect to residents and coworkers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Visual and auditory ability to observe the daily living needs of the residents in order to provide quality care.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions including the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Effective problem-solving skills to support residents, staff, and family members with problems that might arise.
- Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work.
- Physical effort required by the job includes standing, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones and other standard office equipment. The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.
24 hours per week
6 am-2:30 pm