North Star Manor offers AMAZING full-time benefits!
Individual employee health insurance premium is covered 100%. Family coverage premium is paid by North Star Manor at approximately 58.25%. Up to $3550 for a Health Savings Account prorated by our 26 bi-weekly pay-periods over the calendar year.
North Star Manor covers 50% of the premiums for you and your family vision and dental insurance coverage.
North Star Manor also provides Paid Time Off (PTO) and six holidays per year.
We belong to the Minnesota sponsored PERA, (Minnesota Public Employee Retirement). You will have 6.5% deducted from your check pre-tax and the facility will match it with 6.5%. After five years of vestment, all monies in the account will be for you. Upon retirement your monies and years of service will be figured into a lifetime annuity check each month.
North Star Manor pays for Life Insurance Coverage of one time your annual salary with an additional one year for Accidental Death. You may purchase extra for you and your family if you wish.
This Executive Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Administrator and Business Office Manager in the execution of their responsibilities by effectively managing the day-to-day operation of the office. The incumbent is fully responsible for managing the administrative functions, establishing administrative procedures and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support and assistance to NSM’s leadership team that ensures effective use of time and productive interactions with staff and the public.
- Assists Business Office Manager with tasks including: double checking balances for deposits, resident trust, and office petty cash.
- Handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks involving the clerical, administrative function, research, and management roles. Responsible for schedule management, communication liaison, information preparation, company records management, data analysis, and representing the executive to others.
- Handles confidential information and communications. Full comprehension of NSM operation and procedures.
- Uses discretion and judgement and knowledge of organization to facilitate the Administrator’s activities.
- Maintains the Administrator’s meeting and travel schedules and organize the Administrator’s travel itineraries.
- Handles telephone inquiries for the Administrator, reviews incoming correspondence and documents, and, where appropriate, requests further analysis and/or clarification. Brings to the attention of the Administrator urgent issues for action.
- Drafts and coordinates correspondence for the Administrator’s signature, including email and external correspondence.
- Coordinates and prepares briefing materials and presentations for the Administrator’s use at the Board and other meetings.
- Performs broad range of administrative details of highly confidential nature on regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on costs.
- Opens and reviews all mail directed to Administrator. Composes responses to routine inquiries, delegates items to subordinate directors, and forwards appropriate items.
- Follows up on all assignments delegated to subordinate managers as to status, completion, etc.
- In addition to the Executive Assistant duties, this role is also responsible for all receptionist responsibilities including: answering phones, screening visitors, and sorting mail.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of five years administrative experience, including two years at the executive level.
Licensure Certification: N/A
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect to coworkers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions including the ability to read, write and understand English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to work independently.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones and other standard office equipment. The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.