This position is responsible for assisting the Administrator and Business Office Manager with secretarial functions, general support and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support and assistance to NSM’s leadership team that ensures effective use of time and productive interactions with staff and the public.
- Assists Business Office Manager with tasks including: double checking balances for deposits, resident trust, and office petty cash.
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screens visitors, and sorts mail.
- Welcomes and directs visitors, vendors, residents and family members.
- Properly directs mail and phone messages and performs general clerical functions.
- Interacts with all employees, residents, family members, and the public in a professional and caring manner.
- Handles confidential information and communications.
- Schedules meetings and other events.
- Records and maintains records of meetings/transactions.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, facility policies and procedures pertaining to the position and for fulfilling the obligations under North Star Manor’s compliance program.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience in an administrative role preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing
- Ability to work independently
- Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.