The Nurse Manager assists the Director of Nursing in overseeing resident care delivery systems consistent with the facility’s standards. The Nurse Manager will participate as a member of North Star Manor’s management team in planning, policy formulation, and administrative decision making with attention to the role, functions, and operations of the facility’s nursing services. The position is responsible for resident care, management, and resource management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with completing facility assessment.
- Responsible for initial and ongoing training of RN Charge Nurses.
- Assists with supervising the following functions: nursing and resident activities to meet the professional standard of practice.
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practices within the goals of the facility.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services.
- Participates in facility quality improvement programs including reporting system concerns, and safety issues to recommend appropriate prevention strategies.
- Coordinates all nursing staff to provide proper resident care by conducting rounds frequently, developing in-service education programs, and oversees the provision of appropriate medications, treatments and general nursing services for each resident
- Participates in surveys conducted by various governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- Collaborates with other departments, resources and services for continued resident care.
- Provides on-call support in rotation with other members of the nursing team.
- Assists DON with staff performance, recruitment, retention, and development.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Previous nursing and leadership experience preferred.
- Previous resident care related experience with a strong background in long-term care is preferred.
- Experience with applicable state Survey Rules & Regulations, Medicare and Medicaid required
- Current MN registered nursing license
- CPR certification
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of employee management.
- Knowledge of health regulations.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions including the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to connect to residents and coworkers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and moving.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times with or without assistance.
To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones and other standard office equipment. The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.