North Star Manor offers AMAZING full-time benefits!
Individual employee health insurance premium is covered 100%. Family coverage premium is paid by North Star Manor at approximately 58.25%. Up to $3550 for a Health Savings Account prorated by our 24 bi-weekly pay-periods over the calendar year.
North Star Manor covers 50% of the premiums for you and your family vision and dental insurance coverage.
North Star Manor also provides Paid Time Off (PTO) and six holidays per year.
We belong to the Minnesota sponsored PERA, (Minnesota Public Employee Retirement). You will have 6.5% deducted from your check pre-tax and the facility will match it with 6.5%. After five years of vestment, all monies in the account will be for you. Upon retirement your monies and years of service will be figured into a lifetime annuity check each month.
North Star Manor pays for Life Insurance Coverage of one time your annual salary with an additional one year for Accidental Death. You may purchase extra for you and your family if you wish.
HR Generalist is responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she assists in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. HR Generalist plays a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides new employee orientation and enrollment for human resources paperwork.
- Assists in benefit communications
- Creates and maintains Nursing Department schedules using scheduling software
- Partners with the Administrator and leaders to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Works closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Maintains employee documentation according to State and Federal guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues with at least 2 years of experience in Human Resource Department
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones and other standard office equipment. The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.