Job Statement: Under general supervision, the housekeeper is expected to provide professional work by providing sanitary, attractive and orderly upkeep of the facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service by responding quickly and appropriately to patient, customer and employee requests.
- Efficiently and accurately complete tasks delegated by supervisor.
- Clean and dust the following areas as necessary: Admin offices, business offices, Medical Records, conference rooms, storage rooms, dining rooms, and break room.
- Will maintain clean windows, walls, and floors throughout the facility.
- Ensure restrooms are sanitary and stocked with supplies.
- Knowledgeable and able to operate all housekeeping equipment, including vacuum cleaner, polishing machine, ladders, utility cart, mops, buckets and cleaning solutions.
- Assists with monitoring and ordering supplies.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident information.
- Meets basic responsibilities:
- Arrive on time for work and ready to perform assigned tasks.
- Meet facility hygiene and appearance standards.
- Prioritize and complete work assignment within reasonable and agreed-upon time frames.
- Must be familiar with facility and infection control policies, procedures, and plans.
- Complete yearly training as required.
- Maintains a daily working relationship with all departments, providing assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental abilities required by the job.
Physical Requirements: Exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light-work.