North Star Manor offers AMAZING full-time benefits!
Individual employee health insurance premium is covered 100%. Family coverage premium is paid by North Star Manor at approximately 58.25%. Up to $3550 for a Health Savings Account prorated by our 26 bi-weekly pay-periods over the calendar year.
North Star Manor covers 50% of the premiums for you and your family vision and dental insurance coverage.
North Star Manor also provides Paid Time Off (PTO) and six holidays per year.
We belong to the Minnesota sponsored PERA, (Minnesota Public Employee Retirement). You will have 6.5% deducted from your check pre-tax and the facility will match it with 6.5%. After five years of vestment, all monies in the account will be for you. Upon retirement your monies and years of service will be figured into a lifetime annuity check each month.
North Star Manor pays for Life Insurance Coverage of one time your annual salary with an additional one year for Accidental Death. You may purchase extra for you and your family if you wish.
Job Statement: Under general supervision, the housekeeper is expected to provide professional work by providing sanitary, attractive and orderly upkeep of the facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service by responding quickly and appropriately to patient, customer and employee requests.
- Efficiently and accurately complete tasks delegated by supervisor.
- Clean and dust the following areas as necessary: Admin offices, business offices, Medical Records, conference rooms, storage rooms, dining rooms, and break room.
- Will maintain clean windows, walls, and floors throughout the facility.
- Ensure restrooms are sanitary and stocked with supplies.
- Knowledgeable and able to operate all housekeeping equipment, including vacuum cleaner, polishing machine, ladders, utility cart, mops, buckets and cleaning solutions.
- Assists with monitoring and ordering supplies.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident information.
- Meets basic responsibilities:
- Arrive on time for work and ready to perform assigned tasks.
- Meet facility hygiene and appearance standards.
- Prioritize and complete work assignment within reasonable and agreed-upon time frames.
- Must be familiar with facility and infection control policies, procedures, and plans.
- Complete yearly training as required.
- Maintains a daily working relationship with all departments, providing assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental abilities required by the job.
Physical Requirements: Exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light-work.