Job Summary: This position assists with serving nutritious meals to residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assists with preparing menu items, snacks and supplements following physician’s orders, standards and regulations. Clears tables, sanitizes equipment and tables; other cleaning duties as assigned in dining area and in kitchen I work area, including wash, dry, and restock dishes, pots and pans and clean kitchen/dining areas and emptying trash as assigned. Keeps residents’ dining areas pleasant and orderly. Maintains residents’ self-esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information. Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their care plans. Safeguards residents’ property. Observes, measures and documents food intake as assigned. Receives and share information; observes and reports residents’ conditions to appropriate staff. Uses the EMR accurately. Checks equipment before use and notifies supervisors or maintenance staff of problems. Operates dishwashing and kitchen equipment safely. Follows location infection control procedures and OSHA and CDC guidelines that apply to blood borne pathogens while serving food, assisting residents and cleaning.
Basic Responsibilities: This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to his or her position and for fulfilling his or her obligations under North Star Manor’s Corporate Compliance Program.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Education Experience/ Licensure Certification: Prior work experience may not be required to be hired into this job.
- Skills/ Abilities: Ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Knowledge: Basic ability to communicate and comprehend.
- Physical/Mental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate/activate/use/prepare/inspect/place/detect/position objects, tools, or controls. The employee will frequently communicate/express oneself/exchange/observe/assess/detect information relative to this position. The employee is required to maintain a stationary position/move/position self in response to job tasks. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequency of travel may vary based on business needs.
- Weight Lifting Requirement: 40 lbs.