The Business Office Manager will manage all aspects of accounts receivable for the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and Independent Living (IL) apartments, and oversee the general administrative function and activities of the business office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees day to day activities and functions of the business office.
- Responsible for business office activities surrounding admissions, resident billing and collection, third-party payer relations, and/or preparation of insurance claims.
- Ensures activities comply with facility standards and government regulations.
- Provides information to support development of various reports related to Account Receivable (A/R).
- Ensures that department deadlines and goals are met.
- Extensive knowledge of department processes.
- Manages A/R duties to include:
- Posts resident payments by recording cash and check transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions.
- Resolves collections by examining resident payment plans, payment history, credit line, in coordination between the Administrator, Social Services, and Business Office.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; and preparing reports.
- In partnership with the Administrator, provides oversight to the Administrative Assistant.
- Provides support when needed to assist with administrative duties such as answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, and preparing documents.
- Oversees petty cash fund.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies; orders new supplies as needed.
- Maintains office files; implements an efficient system for other staff to access files and records.
- Maintains census for Skilled Nursing Facility, Assisted Living and Independent Living Senior Apartments.
- Manages Resident Trust Account.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of two-year accounting degree or certificate; four-year accounting degree preferred.
- Prefer two years’ experience in health care accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient data entry skills, general math skills and ability to be thorough and analyze information.
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop preferred.